General Mathematics Stage 1 topics:
- Investing and borrowing
- Statistical investigation
- Trigonometry applications
- Linear and exponential functions
- Matrices and networks
Our year 11 general maths tuition sessions take place in small groups. Students should bring in their own work (text book or digital version, laptop, notes, class exercises, assignments, calculator, revision guides) and their tutor responds to their specific requirements, working individually with each student. There may also be times when there is common ground for the whole group or when some students are working on same topic.
Assessment plans are very useful in planning ahead for both the student and tutor, so pupils are encouraged to bring these to tuition sessions.
How do our maths tutors work with students?
- Assist with concepts and exercises being undertaken in the current topic being studied at school
- Guidance with steps, approaches and requirements of research tasks and assignments. (Where or how do I start is a common question)
- Break tasks into smaller steps
- Prioritising when workload seems huge
- Revision of particular types of exercises or with particular topic
- Test preparation
- Provision of extra questions for practice
- Seeking out resources and information for assignments
Thursday 6.30pm-7.30pm with Kim